- OUR PROJECTS
- High St (northern end) and South St
- High St (southern end) to Lawrence St
- Willow Park floodlighting and pavilion
- St Monica's Oval Upgrade
- Havelock Street extension
- Baranduda Fields Sporting Complex
- Baranduda Community Centre
- Thomas Mitchell Drive
- The Promenade
High St (northern end) and South St
The council recently received National Stronger Regions Funding from the Federal Government to conduct works in the CBA, which will include the completion of works in High St including landscaping. This would be from Bond to South streets.
Works will begin in the northern end of High and South streets in September 2017.
The works will include the reconstruction of High St from Bond St to South St which will upgrade underground services in the area.
A roundabout will be constructed at the intersection of South and Church streets to address safety concerns and traffic flow through this area and is in line with feedback from the community in 2015.
The final design will see South St remain single lane in both directions with the centre median parking to remain in South St between Smythe and Church streets.
The works will also include landscaping, beautification and new street lighting, the undergrounding of overhead cables and reconstruction of Bond St.
- Reconstruction of High St from Bond St to South St
- Will remove dip in the road and improve drainage in the area
- Angled parking to remain
- Centre median parking in South St between Smythe St and Church St
- Roundabout at South and Church St intersection in line with community feedback from early in 2015
- Centre median parking from Church St to Smythe St
- Single lane of traffic in both directions on South St
- Work will include landscaping, beautification, new street lighting