Council shopfront to discuss CBA plans
Wodonga Council will open a shopfront next month to welcome people who want to find out more about upcoming works in the central business area.
The council recently received $10 million under the Australian Government's National Stronger Regions Funding for the CBA redevelopment, which will include:
- The proposed Havelock St extension;
- Richardson Park and The Promenade at Junction Place, in partnership with Places Victoria;
- Completion of works in High St, including landscaping. This would be from the water tower in High St to the area of the new works in Elgin Blvd, and then from Bond to South streets; and,
- Completion of South St between High and Smythe streets, including landscaping.
Roadworks in the CBA will not start until mid-2017 but the council understands the interest in the project and the need for considered planning and consultation.
The shopfront will be located at 135 High St (next to OPSM), with people encouraged to call in and find out more about the works.
The shopfront will be open for two weeks from October 21 (closed Sundays).
Opening times are:
The shopfront will be open from:
- Wednesday, October 21: 9.30am to 5pm
- Thursday, October 22: 10am to 6pm
- Friday, October 23: 9.30am to 5pm
- Saturday, October 24: 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Monday, October 26: 9.30am to 5pm
- Tuesday, October 27: 9.30am to 5pm
- Wednesday, October 28: 9.30am to 5pm
- Thursday, October 29: 10am to 6pm
- Friday, October 30: 9.30am to 5pm
- Saturday, October 31: 9.30am to 12.30pm
- Monday: November 2: 9.30am to 5pm
- Tuesday, November 3: 9.30am to 5pm
Visits to the shopfront out of these hours are available by appointment. Please contact the council on (02) 6022 9300.
Business owners and landowners will receive details about the shopfront and other information about the council's community engagement from September 28.
Businesses will also be offered extra support in the lead-up to the works through small business author Linda Hailey.
Linda is a leader in small business podcasts and is one of three small business experts headlining Dell computers' small business site, 360 degrees. In 2006 she joined the team on Channel 7’s Kochie’s Business Builders and is now their regular small business expert.
Linda is also the author of Kickstart Marketing - The No Nonsense System for Boosting Your Small Business - and Your Business Your Future - How to Predict and Harness Growth.
Linda will visit shops from Wednesday, October 21, offering advice on developing or streamlining their business.